Sunday, March 6, 2011

Last of the reviews and plans for the next edition

I had been looking forward to the day when I could let up on cooking out of Bill's book but now that I am here, I find myself going back to it again, because I have become accustomed to a gourmet, plant based diet and can't settle for less. Now that I think of it "The Plant Based Gourmet" would be a great title for the new cookbook. What do you think?

Here are the two last reviews:

Falafel, pg 89, rated V+. Chris Rizzo made these for me and said he did not have a deep fryer and possibly did not have the oil hot enough in his fry pan to cook these properly. They, apparently, fell apart, rather than crisping up into nice neat little patties.

Raw Sweet Potato Salad, pg 48, rated V+. If you were trying to eat as much as possible raw, as many people believe is the healthiest way to go, then this would be a nice raw option but it is not a dish I would serve to company. Therefore, it recieved just the V+ rating.

One of the big benefits of this year of cooking is, of course, great health, but also I have learned so much about cooking: the different techniques, the wide variety of such things as vinegars, rice, pasta and spices. Who knew there were atleast 10 varieties of each!

Seriously, it has been fun and I will keep you posted as to where we go from here!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the name of the cookbook. Run it by Bill bill@billirwin.com and see what he thinks. You are so creative. Can't wait to move foward with the new cookbbook. What did you have to tell us about Whole Foods, something exciting, you said.

    ReplyDelete