Friday, March 4, 2011

Celebrated with Julie and Julia last night

To wrap up the year of cooking Sam and I watched "Julie and Julia" last night. What a precious movie. I still don't know how she did it with 550 recipes. But the movie makes me fall in love with cooking all over again.

Let me finish the reviews before I tell you where we go from here:

Today, I finished the:

1. Pumpkin Nog, pg 6, and rated it V+. It would be nice in place of the regular egg nog that is served over the holidays. It need a little something and I can't quite figure out what it is.

2. Mariel Hemingway's Salad Dressing, pg 191, rated V++. This dressing is made with all raw vegetables so it is very healthy, as well as, delicious and very different.

3. Ginger Almond Pears, pg 178< rated V++ as it is delicious. A delightful surprise! Who would think that this was made with out sugar and yet a mouth watering delicacy.

4. AVocado Vichyssoise, pg16, Rated V++. The thick creamy texture is what I liked best. This soup tastes like it was full of cream, but there is not one drop of any dairy in it. This is easy to make and serves 8

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! Congratulations! Bill said we can come down and he will cook that last recipe that you had questions about while we were on vacation. Would love to see you both. hugs

    ReplyDelete