Monday, February 28, 2011

Wassel, Wild Rice Holiday Dressing and Olive Tapenade

Back home again and still wrapping up the year of cooking Bill's recipes. I just dis-covered a few I had missed so it is not over yet. I had mentioned that I was giving myself a little leeway because of the ten days I spent in Sweden, but I also need to take the five days I spent in Canada! So friday is the day I have to be done!

Then, I can't wait to go back and cook some of my favorite Bill recipes. If you have been cooking along with me, do you realize that you have given up salt and sugar as well as animal products. I will bet that you will find your cholesterol down, as well as, your blood pressure. My blood pressure is 128/62 which my doctor says is excellent for a 65 year old or for anyone for that matter! Keep Cookin'

Here are a few more items you might want to try:

1. Wassel, pg 8, rated V++. This warm, spiced, cider drink is delicious and warms you to the bone. Its sweet and spicy without sugar. I served it to all after a day on the slopes.

2. Wild rice Holiday Dressing, pg 204, rated V+. Very appetizing to look at and pleasing to taste. It seems more like a rice side dish than a traditional dressing. But, it was good tonight alongside vegan, chicken cutlets and cranberry sauce.

3. Olive Tapenade, pg 192, rated V++. This was exceptional. I served it with crusty bread alongside vegie lasagna and it was a huge hit. It is the kind of sauce that you want to put on everything. Guests kept saying, pass the tapenade! I guess that says it all!

1 comment:

  1. That tapenade was so delicious! I made a version of it last night and put it on a lentil & bulgar wheat stew, yummm. And I thought I didn't like olives...

    ReplyDelete